Looking for curly hair tips?
If you have curly hair like me, you have probably experienced some frustration in your life since .
My hair was not always naturally curly, however. Years ago my hair was simply wavy. If it was cut slightly short on the sides it would flip up around my face. No problem.
Then, in my mid-twenties I decided to get a perm. Don’t ask me why. Just needed a change, I guess. Plus I have oily hair, which a perm helps.
Well, I hated the perm, of course. (Which reminded me why I had stopped getting them way back when.) And I kept waiting for it to grow out.
I waited…..and waited…..and waited.
Finally, one day it dawned on me. It wasn’t the perm making my hair curl anymore. It was doing it on its own!
Well, I have been curly ever since.
But here’s the problem: From the roots down for about 3 or 4 inches it is still straight. So I spend a lot of time trying to get some volume on my scalp. The end result can be lots of frizz.
So here are the tips I have learned over the years:
Curly Hair Tips
1. NEVER wrap your hair up in a towel
2. Lightly pat your hair dry
3. Apply styling products while your hair is still drippy
4. Lightly detangle your hair with as few strokes as possible
5. Scrunch your curls and add parts or anything else you like
6. Place the towel across your shoulders & under your hair while you dress
7. Scrunch your hair ever couple minutes
8. After 5 to 10 minutes start using a diffuser to dry hair
9. Flip your head over while drying for more volume while still scrunching
10. Don’t dry your hair completely
11. Tease as little as possible at the crown
12. Apply as little hairspray as possible
These tips have made a huge difference in the way my hair looks. I have had many compliments on it since I started this new routine. I hope it helps you too.
Stay Beautiful – Inside and Out!
If your experience has been different (or even the same), please leave feedback.
(Also, if this review has been helpful to you, please click the “like” button and help a girl out!)